Active Ingredient Prescribing
Active Ingredient Prescribing is now available with the release of Version 33.4.1 and the upcoming release of Version 34.
What is Active Ingredient Prescribing?
Active Ingredient Prescribing is part of a legislative requirement that comes into effect on 1st February, 2021. Under new medicine regulations, doctors must include the active ingredient names when preparing prescriptions for PBS and RPBS medicines. This will mean most medicines will be prescribed by their active ingredient, not the brand name. The goal of this initiative is to improve patients understanding of what medications they take and increase the uptake of generic and biosimilar medicines.
Does Zedmed support AIP?
Zedmed released support for AIP with the release of Version 33.4.1.
AIP support in Zedmed does not substantially change the existing prescribing workflow, so practitioners will not need to make major alterations to the way they use Zedmed.
What are the benefits of AIP?
The goal of AIP is to help people better understand what medicines they are taking, which will provide the following benefits:
- Patients are more easily able to identify whether they have multiple medications containing the same active ingredients, reducing the risk of consuming multiple doses of the same medicine.
- Patients will be better informed about the choices available to them, which is likely to increase the uptake of generic and biosimilar medicines and reduce out-of-pocket expenses for the consumer.
Prescribers can still prescribe a brand of medicine if they believe it is clinically necessary and can include brand names on prescriptions along with the active ingredient.
Consumers will still be able to choose the brand they want when they get their medicines from their pharmacy.
Which prescription types does this apply to?
All PBS and RPBS prescriptions must comply with AIP guidelines, with the exception of:
- Handwritten prescriptions;
- Paper based medication charts in the residential aged care sector;
- Medicinal items with four or more active ingredients; and
- Other items excluded for safety or practicality reasons.
How do I access AIP?
To access support for AIP your practice must be upgraded to the latest version of Zedmed.
The V33.3.4 upgrade file is now available in the Zedmed client login section under 'software.' Please note that the latest MIMS update is required in order to upgrade your Zedmed and access AIP.
We recommend you utilise an IT professional to perform your Zedmed update and follow the instructions carefully in our Guide to Upgrading Zedmed.
If you need assistance, our Support Team are available on 1300 933 000 Monday to Friday 8:00am-7:00pm (5-7pm emergencies only) and Saturday 9:00am-12:00pm for emergencies. Please note that an after hours fee will be charged for assistance after 5pm.